The new cone. Always easy. Better.
VLC media player
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player andframework, that plays most multimedias files, medias and streaming protocols.
It is simple to use, yet very powerful and extendable.
Ready for HD
- GPU decoding on Windows Vista and 7, using DxVA2 for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2
- GPU decoding on GNU/Linux, using VAAPI for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2
- DSP decoding using OpenMax IL, for compatible embedded devices
- Improved support for MKV HD, including seeking fixes, and 7.1 channels codecs
- Support for new codecs, like Blu-Ray subtitles, MPEG-4 lossless and VP8
NB: so far, on Windows for GPU decoding, VideoLAN is recommending nVidia®GPU, until ATI® drivers are working with VLC architecture, and until the VLC developers get access to some Intel® hardware supporting GPU decoding.
Windows e Linux vanno avanti, e per Mac ? Niente GPGpu? Ma mannaggia mannaggia