martedì 29 settembre 2009

La Apple ti installa l'insicurezza

clipped from www.itworld.com

Apple may have recently shoved an unsafe update down your PC's throat, but the broader problem is Apple, or anyone else, installing any unnecessary program on your PC.

If you use any Apple program on Windows you may have noticed recently a rather odd Apple Software Update dialog box telling you under the Updates heading that you need the iPhone Configuration Utility 2.1. I did, and my reaction was: "I do?" After all, I use an iPod Touch, not an iPhone, and iTunes does just fine with managing it. Then, I found I was also getting the notice on Windows PCs that I've never used with my Touch. What is this?

I don't install programs I don't need or plan on testing. Others though did and they discovered that this completely unneeded Apple shovelware for 99.9999% of all users installs not just a configuration program, but the Apache Web server as well.
Non solo ti fa installare il software per l'iPhone che non hai... ma ti infila pure il webserver Apache a te che non sei webmaster e non lo sai configurare!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento