giovedì 5 maggio 2011

Why malware for Macs is on its way

Oh, the rationalizations people come up with to explain away what they don’t want to hear.

Last week, when I wrote Coming soon to a Mac near you: serious malware, I expected to get an earful from Mac partisans telling me how wrong I was. They didn’t disappoint.

In this post, I want to respond, in detail, to the arguments that I heard in response to that post. They’re the same ones that come up over and over again when the topic turns to Macs and malware. First, there’s the contention that OS X is architecturally superior to other operating systems, that its very design confers immunity from infection. Second, there’s the perfectly reasonable question of numbers: if Macs and Windows PCs are equally vulnerable to attack, how come there are hundreds of thousands of Windows viruses and only a handful of specimens of Mac malware?

 

..Continue http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/why-malware-for-macs-is-on-its-way/3243

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento